Friday, February 25, 2011

Wk 4 Comment to Scott

Scott's post:

I love being the enroller! I constantly am the one looking for the next big change, finding a possible solution that meets the requirements and then enrolling others in my new project. Or the flip side, I enjoy being the one enrolled. When I see a good idea, I am usually the first one to join the charge ahead. The one thing I am constantly aware of though, is not to get too far out there. A good leader must make sure that everyone's voice is heard and has enrolled in the new process.

Chapter 10, Being The Board was especially interesting to me, because I constantly love to sum up this chapter in a few words, "Quit your complaining, Man Up!" or more concisely, "Nut Up Or Shut UP!"

I find that building a framework for possibility is probably the most difficult of all. To constantly pushing into the realm of possibilities can be a very tiring experience, because you'll spend most of your time fighting the good fight. And you'll take a lot of kicks to stomach along the way. Keep your guard up!

For the past several years, I've had the pleasure to work with teenagers at my church. This has been sometimes a very trying process and sometimes a very rewarding process. When you see a extremely shy young man step out of his comfort zone, learn something new to support the ministry and then take it to the next level...that brings a big smile to my face.

My comment:

I wrote about enrolling others this week as well. However, I did not think specifically about being enrolled myself. As I reflect on your post, it is when I am enrolled that I catch the spark and am able to light the spark in others. I need to be enrolled to be inspired and motivated to continue to do that which I do everyday. May I enroll as much as I want to enroll others around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment